Thursday, August 7, 2014

All Tied Up

For a couple of days last week Southern California was feeling more like Florida, aka it was really humid. Because it was so hot and sticky, I had to keep my outfit lightweight and airy. I started off with this LBD from Forever 21, which has been a closet staple for me this summer. The thin straps and loose feel make it the most comfortable, versatile dress. I then tied a chambray shirt around my waist, which is a style I hope stays on trend for a while. Because I was doing a lot of walking, I wore my gray Superga sneakers. I use to have a fear of wearing tennis shoes, but I am actually really liking them as of lately. My necklaces are from the flea market and the sunnies are from Nordstrom. Yes, I am still obsessing over the colored flash lenses. 
I ended up wearing this look to the Melrose Trading Post, which is my favorite place to buy inexpensive jewelry. I find it isn't as overwhelming as other flea markets, and I always find cool and unique vendors. After my little shopping trip, I met up with my amazing and talented friend Nicole to shoot this look. If you missed my last post featuring her photos, you can check that out here.
Thanks for reading! xx Michelle

follow me?
twitter @itsmemichelleg
instagram @michellegilbertson
You should also listen to the song "All Tied Up" by The Dig. 

No comments:

Post a Comment