Sunday, August 11, 2013

Video: My "Everyday" Make-up Routine



What? A video? Well...here is a little fun fact about me, I have a youtube channel. I haven't been routinely posting on it for a long time now, and most of my videos are very old. Let's just say, I have done a lot of growing up since posting some of them. Anyways, I wanted to do a post on my "everyday" make-up routine and I thought a video would demonstrate that better than just photos. When I say "everyday" make-up, this is my without fail, go-to routine when I want to look nice but I don't feel like putting a lot of thought into it. I think everybody should have a look, or routine, like this. After doing it so many times too, it only takes me at most 15 minutes to achieve, and that's if I'm having a bad eyeliner day.

So what do I do exactly?
The first step to my routine is moisturizer. For face, I have been using the Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre. It is a pretty thick moisturizer and I think it does a really good job at priming the skin for foundation. If I want a moisturizer with an SPF, I use the Benefit Triple Performing Facial Emulsion. As for lips, I have been loving Smith's Rosebud Salve, which is a classic. For foundation, I switch it up pretty often depending on what I'm going for. Most of the time, I am aiming for light coverage that will just even out my skin tone. In the video, I used Revlon's Nearly Naked foundation, which does just that. I then covered any spots with my Studio Finish Concealer by MAC. As for under the eyes, I just use Maybelline's Dream Lumi Touch, which is a highlighting pen. Most days, I don't have too bad of under eye circles, so I just like to use a light coverage, highlighting concealer. For powder, I used my Hourglass Ambient Light powder because it gives my skin a natural finish. I use two different brushes to do that, one to set my under eye concealer and one to powder the center of my face. I then like to lightly "contour" using my Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer in the shade Milk Chocolate. This is the best bronzer I have found for paler skin tones. I switch up my blush pretty often, but I just went for a natural pink, using Benefit's Dandelion box powder.
As for eyes, I always prime with Soft Ochre paint pot by MAC. This evens out any redness or veining I have on my eyelid and acts as the perfect base for eyeshadow. On the lid, I apply a matte or satin, almost white shade. I used Shroom by MAC in the video but there are so many similar shades (Virgin in the Naked Palette, for example). For the crease, I used Wedge by MAC as well. My absolute favorite eyeliner is Stila's Stay All Day Liquid Eyeliner, especially for winged eyeliner. I love winged eyeliner because it is such a simple step that makes it seem like you put a lot of time into your make-up. I promise, with this eyeliner, it is very easy to do a wing! I then curl my eyelashes and apply a couple coats of Maybelline's Colossal Cat Eye mascara.
As for lips, you could use anything from a light lip balm to a bold lipstick with this look. I have been using my favorite YSL Volupte Sheer Candy in shade 2 all summer, as it is the perfect sheer peachy pink.

The music in this video is by one of my favorite YouTube singers, DanielaSings. She has such a beautiful voice, and she does amazing acoustic covers and has her own EP. I honestly think she has a lot of talent and is really going to go far in the music industry. 


Hope you enjoy the video! Don't forget to watch it in HD.

No comments:

Post a Comment